Custom Search

States in which Coaster Reviews has ridden a coaster.

States in which Coaster Reviews has ridden a coaster.
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Raptor - Cedar Point


Date Ridden: June of 2006 and 2007. Also October of 2007 and June of 2008. Times Ridden: 12 total

Writing this Raptor review gives me a chance to look back with a great deal of nostalgia to my first ever visit to the Coaster Capitol back in 2006. I knew nothing about coasters and was amazed when Guy drug me past this ride to go get on Millennium Force during ERT. I thought he was crazy as I watched people yelling and screaming out over the midway riding this big green monstrosity.

He assured me we would ride it later and I'm glad he took me to Mille first. That was, undeniably, a defining moment in my life. However, this is a Raptor review so let's not shed tears for that great first ride on Millennium Force which I spent an hour writing up. This is about one of the top inverted coasters in the country so it deserves its own props.

If my memory of coasters stats serves me correctly, Raptor was a landmark coaster for B and M. I think it was on of their first inverted coaster (Batman - The Ride was first I believe) with an opening date of sometime in 1993/94. I also believe that this was the first coaster to feature a cobra roll inversion and let me tell you, that thing is seriously intense. Many of the modern B and M's feature that silky smooth feeling but Raptor has some extremely intense moments. Sitting in the back and being whipped through the inversions is intense beyond belief.

Raptor has aged well and is one of the most popular rides at Cedar Point due to its location at the park entrance. I have found that it is a coaster to close down the night on since it is so convenient to the parking lot. One fact to be aware of is the sudden stop as the train pulls into the block breaks at the end of the ride. The jolt you will get there is about as quick a stop as on any coaster I've ridden to date.

Raptor deserves the numerous accolades it receives. I would recommend riding it later in the day as it is extremely crowded in the morning when the gates open. Wait a little later and enjoy your chance to "Kick the Sky".

Overall Score - 9 (Outstanding)

Ride Raptor below.

No comments: