Custom Search

States in which Coaster Reviews has ridden a coaster.

States in which Coaster Reviews has ridden a coaster.
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

California Screamin' - California's Adventure (Disneyland, CA)


Date Ridden: October of 2007. Times Ridden: 2 with one ride in the second to front and one ride in the second to back.

Hmmmm......where to start. With 3 of my top 5 steelies, Intamin is among my favorite coaster designers. I could not believe the fact that Disney had combined forces with them to produce a thrill experience at one of their most definitely family-oriented theme parks. However, they obviously did and the result is an outstanding ride.

We hit Screamin first thing and got on with about a 10 minute wait, then grabbed a fast pass for later that day. The ride is a capacity machine like most Disney rides as the line virtually never stops moving as they load and unload you. One thing I really liked was the velcro pouches in front of you in the cars where you could put your stuff. That in itself saves time as people do not have to cross the ride to put up their stuff or give it to a ride op. I really don't understand why Cedar Fair and 6 Flags do not make use of that feature.

The ride itself is smooth, fast and comfortable. The launch is just fast enough to be thrilling without being scary (TTD and XCelerator still make me nervous after about 10 rides apiece on each). The ride is extremely lengthy and the second time we rode the music blaring through the speakers was beginning to get on my nerves.

I feel that Disney rides are simply experiences. I can ride Millenium Force or Apollo's Chariot all day, but usually one ride on any highly themed Disney ride is enough since they focus so much on the experience and less on the intensity. They seem to lose a little after the initial ride. I love Screamin but if I never get another ride on it that will be ok. It is a great steel coaster with the feel of the appearance of the old woodies from the past. It's a superb design by Disney and well worth a trip just to ride it....once. :)

Ride California Screamin' below.

No comments: