Custom Search

States in which Coaster Reviews has ridden a coaster.

States in which Coaster Reviews has ridden a coaster.
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Jokers Jinx - Six Flags America (MD)


Date Ridden: Summer of 2008. Times Ridden: 1

The JJ is an outside launched coaster located at one of the weaker Six Flags parks in the chain. As documented in my review of their signature ride, Superman: Ride of Steel, our day there was very disappointing. In contrast to Superman, the Jokers Jinx is well kept with a clean and neat station. The one thing I did not like was the presence of the Locker Nazi at the front who would not even allow hats in line. Most of the time, I simply fold my cap up and stick it in my pocket. The Nazi tried to make me put my hat and Julia's fanny bag up in a locker. We obviously refused, left the area, and came back later with our gear hidden in the pockets of our jackets. I will do a lot of things at theme parks but paying 2 bucks for a locker is not one of them.

The ride itself is arguably the best ride in the park. To the best of my knowledge, it is a virtual copy of the indoor Flight of Fear coasters located at two of the former Paramount parks. The launch is very fast, the inversions are smooth with minimal head banging. The ride is well-themed and the addition of the new Batman movies has probably made the ride a little more popular. I would not call this ride a "can't miss" but it is still one of the better rides at the park.

Overall Rating - 8

Ride Joker's Jinx below.

No comments: