Custom Search

States in which Coaster Reviews has ridden a coaster.

States in which Coaster Reviews has ridden a coaster.
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Boardwalk Bullet - Kemah Boardwalk (July of 2009)


I did something different...really different. Having travelled the country and ridden 401 roller coasters, there was still one area that I had not visited.....Texas. After returning from vacation this year, I decided to meet up with a travel group called Theme Park Review and spend 5 days in Texas at a very reasonable price. This was a superb experience that I will discuss in a later post, but the main reason I went was to ride this coaster.

Having two Gravity Group woodies in my Top 10, I had high hopes for this creation and was not disappointed. Now don't get me wrong. The Bullet is very intense and has suffered some ridiculous abuse in the form of Hurricane Ike. No coaster should go through what it has faced. Yet still, the coaster has character and I thoroughly enjoyed my 10 laps in two days.

What is character? Can we give human characteristics to inanimate objects like amusement park rides? Here at Coaster Reviews, we do. To us, the ride is an experience. Some may be smooth, some rough, and some intense. The key thing is that we like rides that give us memories and the Bullet does that.

The first section of the ride is typical Gravity Group intensity with a very twisted track which takes the riders within 30 feet of the water. There are a couple of very intense sections of track which border on roughness. It is common knowledge that the faster this thing goes, the smoother the ride. I think my better rides were the night rides we took following the storm that blew in. I also enjoyed the morning rides but they seemed a tad rougher.

But what the heck, the ride is fun. It has a gorgeous backdrop, a great layout, and some intense airtime segments and laterals. It is not the greatest coaster in the world but still gives an unrelenting ride. That is what a wooden coaster is about......and oh yeah....it has character.

It gets a solid 8 from Coaster Reviews.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The bullet is my favorite ride! I even have metal in my back for scoliosis and still ride! It's fun!!