Custom Search

States in which Coaster Reviews has ridden a coaster.

States in which Coaster Reviews has ridden a coaster.
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Kings Dominion Announces Intimidator-305





Ok I admit it.....I'm excited. I have ridden over 400 roller coasters in the last 3 years and it really takes a good bit to get me excited. Ok, maybe not......but this time I'm REALLY excited. The fact the second Giga Coaster in the U.S is being built a mere 9 hours from my house makes me feel very warm and fuzzy......and excited.





In all seriousness, this is going to be a great ride. The 300 foot drop on Millennium Force is my favorite element on any roller coaster I have ever ridden and this will be virtually identical. I am not happy with the restraints, but this coaster still seems to be a combination of Millennium Force and

Maverick which will make it a superb ride. While a majority of the coaster community seems disappointed that this ride did not top the record breaking stats they were hoping for, I think that Cedar Fair has designed another winner which will make Kings Dominion a destination park. I know one thing....I will be there next summer to find out for myself what this thing can do.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this is gonna hurt. Snappy transitions at 80 mph with OSTRs...I'm holden' onto my head.

The first drop is gonna be INSANE though.

Shane Tucker said...

Granted the restraints are a downer but........read my review of Maverick. Guy and myself discovered a riding technique that worked well with the quick transitions on that coaster. I believe this is going to be a unique ride that is going to offer a better experience than coaster dorks think. The first drop may actually be better than the one on Millennium Force....did I just say that?

Nessie said...

^Busted

I am the Anonymous from above, but did you hear of the Over the shoulder Straps. You probably have. If not chack Screamscape. But with the headbanging impossible, my opinion of the ride has shot way up. The first drop is going to eject you, the turn is going to be complete tunnel vision, and even if the restrains keep people pinned to the seat, one is still gping to feel negatives. I could probably go into a large rant about how brilliant of a move this was for Cedar Fair, but I'll spare the you the time.

However this is speculative for a rare breed called an AOD (Afraid of dropping) enstusiast.

Anonymous said...

The OTSR's were very soft and comfortable. This beat out MF as my #1.