Custom Search

States in which Coaster Reviews has ridden a coaster.

States in which Coaster Reviews has ridden a coaster.
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com

Space Mountain - Disneyland (CA) and Magic Kingdom (FL)


Despite actually being two totally different rides, I decided to combine both rides into one review for the ease of posting as well as reading. The first part of the review is from the California version which was re-done a couple of years ago. The second part of the review is from the Florida version which I rode last New Year's Eve.

Date Ridden: October of 2007. Times Ridden: 1

Despite the upgrades, I still consider Space Mountain to be a classic roller coaster ride. It is a perfect example of what makes Disney, "Disney". You (or they) take a family roller coaster with sub-par stats and make it a wonderful ride that thrill seekers can enjoy with younger family members.

The ride is glassy smooth, seems much faster than it is, and provides an overall exhilarating experience. There are obviously no inversions inside the mountain but that is by no means a negative since I think inversions are overrated on roller coasters anyway. The quick turns and drops are thirlling but not terrifying adding once again to the entire family experience.

One final thing. This ride is a freaking capacity machine!! We used our fast pass on it, but still had to go through a portion of the line. We never stopped as the line continuously moved. I think I counted either 7 or 8 trains running, with once again, the velcro pocket inside each train being a major boost in speeding up loading and unloading. Major props to the designers at "The Mouse" who created a very solid ride. I still dont think any park is worth a $90.00 admission price though.

Date Ridden: Once many years ago and once on 12-31-2007. Times Ridden: 2

To start with, I like this ride. It is very different from the version I rode in CA, but it is still solid nonetheless. The posted wait time was over 2 hours but we were on in about 45 minutes as the park was packed out with people (like us) ringing in the new year. I like the single passenger bobsled type trains as they were very comfortable. I also liked the "station" where you could see the trains whizzing about above you. To me it is a different ride, yet still unique enough to get a solid 8. Again, Disney takes a ride that scores around a 7 and gets a 1 point bump from me for themeing and enjoyment.

The ride seems much faster than it actually is with its quick dips and turns. I was pleased with my ride experience and will always remember the fun this ride gave me on New Years Eve of 2007.

Due to the nature of the ride (being inside in a dark setting), no video is available.

No comments: